Ok, I know it’s been a long while since I’ve added a new post. After an exciting month of the FIFA World Cup and other wonderful distractions these last couple of months, I admit I’ve been kind of lazy when it comes to cooking and I haven’t spent a whole lot of time in the kitchen…
But I’ve been thoroughly enjoying the summer! I really can’t complain about the fabulous weather we’ve had this season. It’s been unusually warm and dry. And on a hot sunny day, this quick and easy cold appetizer is the perfect accompaniment to a meal. Or, enjoy it on its own if you’re looking for something light and refreshing.
(Adpated from Tapas, Antipasto, Mezze from The Australian Women’s Weekly)
CAULIFLOWER WITH FRESH HERB VINAIGRETTE (Serves 6)
1 medium cauliflower (1.5 kg)
3/4 cup (180 ml) olive oil
1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1) Cut cauliflower into small florets.
2) Boil or steam cauliflower until just tender. Rinse under cold water and drain.
3) Combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice and herbs in large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4) Add cauliflower, mix well.
5) Cover and refrigerate until cold.