I usually snack on roasted, unsalted nuts. But every year around Christmas, I like to have a special treat of spiced candied nuts. They can be sweet and salty or spicy. Basically, you can just add in whatever spices you want! You can also use any combination of your favourite nuts.
They’re super easy to make and also great as gifts! Just be sure to let the nuts cool completely before putting them in jars or packaging them.
I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! May you enjoy lots of delicious food during this holiday season!!
Did you make this recipe?
Share your comments below. Don’t forget to take a photo, tag it @divinelydelish on Instagram and hashtag it #divinelydelish 🙂
SPICED CANDIED NUTS (Makes 4 cups)
4 cups of raw, unsalted nuts (any combination of almonds, pecans, cashews, hazelnuts, etc.)
1 large egg white
1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
1-1/2 teaspoons cardamom powder
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cayenne powder
1. Preheat oven to 325F (163C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix together sugar, salt and spices in a bowl.
3. In a large bowl, whisk egg white and water until frothy, then add the nuts. Mix thoroughly until the nuts are well coated.
4. Add in the sugar and spice mixture and mix until well combined.
5. Place nuts on the baking sheet, and spread them out in a single layer.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, take out and stir. Then bake for 10 more minutes.
7. Remove from oven and let the nuts cool down a bit. Break up any large clusters.
8. Let them cool completely before storing in jars.